Sunday, April 18, 2004

Life seems to be so solitary, but I have chosen it to be that way. Despite the fact that I live in the heart of Seattle, the hub of the Northwest, surrounded by thousands of people, a few of which, no doubt, like to do the same things I do, like reading, writing, hiking and laying on their backs looking at the sky, ceiling or stars, I find myself alone. I feel ambivalent about this juxtaposition because I like to be alone, listening to music, really hearing the poetry in the lyrics, composing prose in my head, reciting things I've memorized and thinking and ruminating over past events and future ones as well. On the other hand, I want to share experiences with friends, making them more potent and plump. Sharing with someone allows you to experience double time, in that you are able to absorb your reactions along with your friends, and later revisit the occasion and relive it in yet another manner and dimension. I am happy that I am content when I am alone, but I have not overcome my loneliness.

No comments: