Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What an amazing week I just had! I don't have time to write about my trip to the wild game park and the ocean in detail right now. However, I am alive and well. I want you to know that I really appreciate your support. You have no idea how much your advise and words of wisdom lift me out of my frequent slums.

I have received mail. I haven't opened all of the packages and letters because I want to savore them.

Sarita: Thank you sooo much for the chai tea and tea ball. How was Mexico? Is there anything in Ghana that you wish you would have brought back. Now's your chance for foofoo one more time;)

Aunt Barb, Uncle Ray and Gramma: Thank you for the school books and provisions. Lord knows I love licorous and goldfish and dried fruit and everything else! The moose is cute. I gave the light up pen to a little girl and she went wild.
Aunt Deb: Oh thank you for the sunscreen. I still have aquired wrinkles :(
Julie: I received a letter from you but I haven't opened it. Next week, I can't wait!
I also recieved a mystery package. I can't tell the sender.

Jaala: Still no letter. I think Eben ate it;)

Mom: Dan's new number is 027 7734 6419. I really would love to see you at the airport. I haven't thought much about what happens upon my immediate return. Not looking forward to finding a job:(
I don't know what the southern cross looks like. I think about looking for it though.

Aunt Deb: I would love to visit with your third graders. I am hoping that their letters will arrive here soon so I can facilitate another letter from the kids here.

Saralita: Thank you for the poem. I wasn't able to open the attachment but I'm sure it's lovely.

Gaeb: Long time, right? I will email you extensively if only you give me your address.

If you told me a year ago, I would be here, I would have laughed my head off. If you would have told me two months ago that I would be sad to leave, I would have falled to the ground with laughter. But here I am telling people I will miss them, their country and might even come back. Life is a funny funny thing.




No comments: